Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The State Of Science In Harper Land


How ironic that I've been up to my ears in science stuff (papers to write, grants to write and/or evaluate), leaving me little-to-no-time to blog properly (i.e. other than scheduled posts prepared the evening prior) and thus opining on a subject directly related to my vocation, my profession, my livelihood - scientific research (biomedical research in my case, to be more precise).

Hopefully, I'll be able to put forth my whole $0.02 on the subject in a few days - but for now, I will simply refer you to two items worth reading to this effect:

First off, you have Rev. Paperboy's post of yesterday on the matter;

Then I direct you to an op-ed published today by Marc Garneau (he omitted the obvious Canadian Institutes of Health Research - but I will forgive him).

For now, all I will say is: what else can you expect from a gang of parochial, Bushie-like, Christian fundamentalist, intellectual sloth-afflicted primitive minds and incompetents like Harper and his Harpies?

What else indeed ...

Welcome to Harper Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on APOV. However, remember to keep in check your tone and respect for all here. Let rational, reasoning, enthousiastic and passionate conversations and discussions rule first and foremost in our participatory democracy, so as to facilitate the free exchange of reality-based facts and ideas. In between, do not forget to have fun and enjoy yourselves ... in other words: keep on rockin'! - Mentarch